-
September 2nd, 2006, 10:42 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Can you believe the price of the white 61C
that just closed on ebay? The stove in Fort
Worth Texas just sold for over 1300.00.
The One in Dallas last week sold for nearly
600.00. Don't try to buy a stove in and
around Dallas Fort Worth.
Pokey
-
September 2nd, 2006, 11:21 AM
#2
Inactive Member
but if i could i would want to sell one...
-
September 2nd, 2006, 12:15 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Hmmmmm...maybe I ought to jump on that bandwagon!
-
September 2nd, 2006, 04:53 PM
#4
Inactive Member
So what exactly was so special about that stove, anyway? I looked at the listing before it sold and was pretty surprised it went so high. It was clean, but not perfect.
It doesn't make a lot of sense, economically, when there seem to be so many stoves available in Texas. So many have gone by on ebay and craigslist. High supply = lower prices, typically. Strange.
-Jenn
-
September 6th, 2006, 03:03 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I'm not sure about that $1300 one, but the $600 one went for that much because of the accessories (thermowell pots, thermobaker, etc) that came along with it-- over $400 worth, I believe I was told. That makes the price of the stove pretty reasonable.
That $1300 has me stumped, though. Somebody got a great windfall, and somebody else spent about $1000 more than necessary. Weird.
-
September 6th, 2006, 05:14 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I paid 550. in June just outside of Ft Woth for a 1948 BZ mint , plug and play with a triple pan set and the wall chart that came with it. it really was a one owner stove. not a mark or chip any where.
We had it adjusted to propane by our gas man and he inspected everthing...........And he pronoced it amazing !!!!!!!
we replaced the light cord and the timer is not working.
KathieK
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks